Thursday 3 June 2021

The Summer Basket

Taking a deep breath between spring and summer and making a list of summer musts is a favorite family activity for us but I hate getting to the end of summer and realizing I didn’t get through my books or didn’t really relax as much as I had hoped I would. This is something that I included in The Summer Quarterly – if you like ideas perfect for slowing down with the seasons, check it out.

This summer I’m making that list tangible by putting them into a basket. I’m thinking that this would make it super easy to grab the basket and go to the patio or front porch or grab something from the basket on the way to an activity. What you put in the basket is up to you – I’m putting a couple books I want to read over the summer, a notebook and pen, hand lotion and a nail file, and some cream cotton yarn for crocheting.

The handled basket is from Target – I love how it’s soft and squishy and purse-like look it has.

Here are some other ideas:

  • Embroidery hoop and floss 
  • Yarn and knitting needles or crochet hooks
  • Small sketchbook and pencils 
  • Notecards and a pen
  • Planner



No comments:

Post a Comment